Monday, October 20, 2008

Dolemite Is Dead


A bad motherfucker died today.

I think I first became aware of Dolemite’s voice because of “Big Daddy Vs. Dolemite”. After that I was in tune, and that was from early high school up through college. I wish I could quote off line after line, but in school we used to sit up in my Memphis aggins Shawn & Scooby’s dorm room, blow back-to-back (and back again) Swishers and watch Rudy Ray Moore’s work & all types of old Blaxploitation flicks. So it’s not that I can’t remember the best of his best…I was just too damn twacked to recall the majority of the shit I heard.

All I remember is laughin’.

What I walked away knowing is this whole signifying monkey shit and track with Kane are the essence of shit-talking. And, I know that Black comedy lost one of it’s raunchiest (but unheralded) forefathers

No comments: